Sunday, October 30, 2011
The Husband Store A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York City... Where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates.
1.You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!
2. There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights.
3. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building !
So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.
The women just leaves that floor without having any look and moves to the next floor. The second floor sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.
She is not satisfied and moves to the next floor. The third floor sign reads:
Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good.
'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going. She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are drop-dead good looking and help with the housework.
'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!' Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead gorgeous, help
with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.
She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 9,663,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!
Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Fla., rates as the top beach in the United States, Siesta Beach, with its fine, white sand and clear, warm waters, often makes the cut on Dr. Beach’s annual top beaches list, but this is its first year in the No. 1 spot. For 2011 here is the list of top ten best beaches of America according to coastal expert Stephen P. Leatherman. “Dr. Beach,” as Leatherman is known, is the director of Florida International University’s Laboratory for Coastal Research. Now here are the top 10 Best Swimming Beaches in the United State...
01. Siesta Beach
02. Coronado BeachSan Diego’s Coronado Beach makes the top 10 list for its lush subtropical vegetation, Mediterranean climate and fine, sparkling sand.
03. Kahanamoku BeachA shallow reef off Kahanamoku Beach in Oahu, Hawaii, protects this beach from big waves, making it ideal for families with children.
04. Main BeachMain Beach in East Hampton, N.Y., attracts wealthy summertime residents because a centuries-old conservation easement protects the wide beach and tall dunes.
05. Cape HatterasCape Hatteras in the Outer Banks of North Carolina offers some of the best board surfing on the East Coast. Other draws include a lighthouse, fishing villages, beachcombing and excellent fishing.
06. St. George Island State ParkWinter tourists from up north tend to like St. George Island on Florida’s panhandle because sunny days in the 50s and 60s can seem like spring — but without the crowds. The area is known as the Forgotten Coast because Florida’s winter tourists tend to flock to the warmer beaches of south Florida.
07. Beachwalker ParkIt’s a nature lover’s oasis on Beachwalker Park, on the south end of Kiawah Island, S.C., just south of Charleston. The sand is compact enough to ride bikes along the 10-mile long barrier island. The water isn’t clear, but it is clean and provides for great seafood for low-country cooking.
08. Coast Guard BeachCoast Guard Beach in Cape Cod, Mass., slopes steeply into the water. Swimmers tend to take quick, cooling dips in the ocean since summertime water temperatures reach only 60 to 70 degrees.
09. Waimanalo Bay Beach ParkThe long, white beach at Waimanalo Beach Park on Hawaii’s Oahu island slopes gently into the water, offering lots of opportunity for water recreation.
10. Cape Florida State ParkCape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne, Fla., offers clear water, gentle surf and fine, white coral sand.